Real Madrid has two big games before it goes loose in the Champions League, but Ajax is worse on paper and less experienced. Ajax is unbeaten at home this season, but Real Madrid is improving. Value?
Ajax and Real Madrid meet on Wednesday at 20:00 at the Johan Cruijff Arena in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first knockout round. Ajax has been at this stage for the first time since 2006, instead of Real Madrid, who have been in the knockout round since the match in 2003/04 and have not been eliminated in the round nine years ago. The Dutch are motivated by second place in Group E, behind Bayern Munich, while Real Madrid, first in Group G, want to be in the quarter-finals for the ninth consecutive year. Ahead of this match, both teams played for their championships, having achieved different results: Ajax lost at Heracles 1-0, and saw PSV isolate even more in the lead of the league, while Real Madrid won in the redoubt of the great rival Atletico of Madrid by 1-3, and ascended to the second place of the League. This will be the 13th meeting between the two teams in the Champions League, with the Spaniards ahead with seven wins against four of Ajax, having only one draw. Who will take the best this time?
Real Madrid has El Clasico on February 6 and is expected to be in the strongest. These showdowns always require a lot of energy, and some hard tackles can end in damage.
In addition, they also have an important Madrid Derby out against Atletico Madrid 9.
Ajax played 3-3 at home against Bayern in the group stage, where they impressed offensively.
The Dutch talent factory has managed to hold on to this year’s starring, until the end of the season.
Although Solari has now won 5 games in a row with Los Blancos, you still do not have the feeling that they are back at normal level.
Ajax has not lost an official match at home this season, 15 wins and 3 draws have made it.
- Ajax has reached this stage of the competition after a long absence. Last time he was present in the finals in the 2005-2006 edition. The two teams met several times in this competition, and the last victory of the Dutch was only in 1995, when Ajax won 1-0 on his own field.
- Ajax has impressed in Europe this season. He started early enough from the preliminary round 2 and managed to win 7 of the 12 matches played. He has not lost any of these meetings. In Group E he took second position after Bayern Munich. He dominated the German team in Munich, and was very close to a sensation victory. It is a young team with great chances to become a force in the years to come, if this group is kept.
- Dusan Tadici, 5 goals scored, is the scorer of the Champions League team. Here are only the gaps in the groups. Totally Tadic has scored 11 times in the 12 games played. Kasper Dolberg, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Hakim Ziyech are other important players who have put their shoulder on the road this season. Carel Eiting is injured and the spook of the inside during the pitch at the inside yet.
- Ajax Team Probable:
- Onana – Mazraoui, Blind, De Ligt, Tagliafico – Schone, De Jong, Van de Beek – Neres, Tadic, Ziyech
Real Madrid has on the paper a better team than Ajax, but more importantly, they are very experienced in these CL matches.
There is clear progress to be tracked by Solaris troops, which after all have won 5 in line now.
Real Madrid currently has No significant damage, and Solari will be in the strongest position as it looks now.
Benzema is in fantastic shape with 6 goals in 4 matches. Real Madrid has been starving for a long-time attacker.
Ajax has a fight out against Heracles at the weekend, they are 5 points after PSV in the league and therefore need all the points they can get.
Real Madrid is 8 points behind Barcelona in the league and a title looks hard to pick up, but CL is still an option and may be the priority.
- This is the 23rd Real League campaign in the Champions League and 23th in the finals finals. Moreover, in the last 8 editions it was present at least in the semifinals. Let’s not forget that it is the team that won the trophy most of the time, 13 times.
- Real Madrid is not considered favorite to win the competition this season as well. It has only shown tremendous strength lately, with an upward trend. Let’s not forget that he has finished with Barcelona on Camp Nou and won with Atletico Madrid (3-1) on Wanda Metropolitano.
- Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema, with 3 goals scored, are the main players in the Champions League this season. Jesus Vallejo and Luca Zidane are injured. Marcos Llorente will be missing for another three weeks. It remains to be seen if Solari will continue with Vinicius Junior and Lucas Vazquez with Gareth Bale on the bench. Probably Sergio Reguilon will have left left, Marcelo remaining reserve.
- Real Madrid Team Probable:
- Courtois – Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Reguilon – Casemiro, Modric, Kroos – Lucas, Benzema, Vinicius
Football Prediction of the Day Ajax vs Real Madrid
- In the last five Ajax games in the visiting condition there were over 2.5 goals.
- In two out of three Ajax matches in the group stage in the visiting condition there were over 2.5 goals.
- Real Madrid have scored 11 goals in their last five games as a visitor.
- In three of the four clashes between the two in Amsterdam there were more than 2.5 goals.
We are facing two of the greatest historical European football. For the home team, reaching the quarterfinals of the competition will be a brilliant achievement, while for the Spanish team it will be almost a must. We will therefore have an Ajax to enjoy and a Real Madrid focused on bringing a positive result for the second leg.
Bet Tips: more 2.5