Needing to reverse disadvantage of their first match, Latvia’s Riga host Denmark’s Copenhagen on Thursday, August 29, as the playoffs return to indicate the latest qualifiers for Europe 2019/2020 League The meeting will be held from 1:45 pm (Brasília time) at the Skonto stadium in Riga.The Danes enforced the field command and scored 3-1 in the first leg. This will give them the chance to confirm their place in the group stage in case of success, a draw or a 1-0 loss or 2-0 loss. If they score two goals, even a two-goal drop will serve their goal. For the home owners it is necessary to score 2 to 0. If they concede a goal they will need to build a minimum advantage of three goals.
The playoff stage is the fifth and final phase of the extensive selection round to define the 21 remaining clubs to complete the Europa League groups. Arsenal (England), Porto (Portugal), Rome (Italy), Manchester United (England), Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine), Beşiktaş (Turkey), Basel (Switzerland), Sporting (Portugal) are already in the tournament. , CSKA Moscow (Russia), Wolfsburg (Germany), Lazio (Italy), Borussia Mönchengladbach (Germany), Saint-Étienne (France), Getafe (Spain), Standard Liège (Belgium), Rennes (France), Başakşehir (Turkey) , Olexandriya (Ukraine), Wolfsberg (Austria) and Lugano (Switzerland). The six defeated teams in the Champions League playoffs will also take place.
On Sunday, August 25, Riga built on the twenty-seventh round of the 2019 Optibet Virsliga season, the Latvian First Division, a result that would not be enough to reverse the situation in the Europa League.They defeated Spartaks 4-2. In the local league, however, they played outside their domains. With his success he reached 50 points (16 wins, two draws and five losses) extending his advantage over second-placed RFS, who lost 3-0 to Ventspils. They are now separated by nine points. In addition, Riga made one less game.Current national champion, the team has another achievement very well underway. He started the qualifying round looking for a place in the Champions League, but fell to Ireland’s Dundalk and was relegated to the Europa League qualifiers. It surpassed Piast from Poland and HJK from Finland in the earlier stages.
Copenhagen has also started fighting for a place in upstairs international tournaments. Left Wales’ TNS on their way to the Champions League qualifiers, breaking a long unbeaten run of Welsh. However, it did not resist the technical quality of Serbia’s Red Star, having to readjust its pretensions for the season.On Sunday 25 August, however, he kept his foot on the accelerator in the Superleague, the First Division of the Danish Championship. Acting in their domains scored 3 to 1 in the Nordsjaelland in confrontation for the seventh round of the season 2019/2020.It thus reached the 21 possible points. It is the only team in the dispute with 100% success. They are two points ahead of second-placed Midtylland, who was eliminated in the fight for a place in the Europa League.
1.What is the form of the teams in the last 5 matches?
- Last result: 4-2 at Spartaks Jūrmala
- Shape: W L W D W
The Latvians from Riga and FC Copenhagen dispute a place in the Europa League groups – the tour was 3-1 for the Danes.Kamešs drew 1-1 at the break; after the restart, Riga scored goals 2 and 3 in the 62nd minute (penalty) and 90th.Riga initially started in the Champions League preliminaries, where it came out after a single lap, eliminated by Dundalk in the away matches.In the Europa League, it was obviously better – the first team eliminated was the champion of Poland, Piast Gliwice, 2-3 away and 2-1 at home.
- Last result: 3-1 with Nordsjælland
- Shape: W W W L W
Fischer, Soteriou from 11 meters and Daramy had the Danes’ 3-1 victory in the tour.Like Riga, Copenhagen also started the European Champions League event, defeating The New Saints 3-0 overall.He then came out after the break with Red Star Belgrade, 1-1 return.Last season, Copenhagen played in the Europa League groups – finishing last, under Zenit, Slavia Prague and Bordeaux.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress on the 2 teams.
- Then, Riga passed without a victory of the finals of the HJK, also due to the away goals, 2-2, after being 1-1 in Latvia.
- The domestic championship is in full swing, and Riga won the weekend with 4-2 at Spartaks Jūrmala.
- However, after 23 matches, the team is a leader with nine points ahead.
- Founded only in 2014, the team took the title last season, the first in history, in only the third year on the first stage !.
- He also played last season in the Europa League qualifiers – CSKA Sofia eliminated her from the first round, after the draw.
- And then he had four laps to go, but he eliminated one by one KuPS, Stjarnan, CSKA Sofia and Atalanta.
- In the championship, he won 13th title in history and third in the last four years.
- Both European trips this season had under 2.5 goals; as well as five out of seven games last season.
- Of the last nine European trips, Copenhagen has lost only one, 0-1 at Zenit – five wins and three draws.
- After six stages of the new internal season he is the leader, the only one with the maximum score.
Football Prediction of the Day Riga vs Copenhaga
Strong in their field, Riga have a technically superior opponent in Copenhagen. Thus, the prognosis in equality ends up being a good guess for the meeting on Thursday for the return journey of the playoffs that will indicate the last classified for the 2019/2020 edition of the Europa League.
Bet Tips: Under 2.5 goals