The selections of Thailand and India will play this Saturday, June 8, the bronze medal of the King’s Cup Thailand. Having as its headquarters the Arena Buriram, the meeting has kickoff scheduled for 5:30 am (Brasília time). In case of equality, the regulation establishes that the definition of who is on the lowest step of the podium will be made through penalty kicks.
Although it does not attract first line selections, the Glass of the King, in Thailand, turned traditional in the calendar. This will be its edition number 47. The adopted format has three invited countries and the host selection. They play a game for the semifinals. The winners duel for the title and the losers play again in the fight for third place.
After making a special preparation for the tournament that had 35 players in the initial period reduced to 23 for the King’s Cup match, the Thais disappointed their fans by being beaten by the Vietnam national team in the semifinals for 1 0.It turned out to be a double disappointment since in the contest of the sub23 Asian Games they had been thrashed by the rivals by 4 to 0 and the match was seen like a chance to give the change. The goal scored by Anh Duc in the 50th minute of the final stage did not allow that to happen.The Thais have already competed in two competitions in 2019. The first, as early as January, was the Asian Cup, which had the United Arab Emirates as its headquarters. They were able to advance to the second round by accumulating four points (one win, one draw and one defeat) to take second place in Group A, which had the host team as the champion with five points. They left behind Bahrain (four points) and India (three), which also participates in the King’s Cup.His campaign, however, was halted in the Round of 16 with a 2-1 loss to China. The ‘change’ happened in March. In the Chinese Cup match, the Thais eliminated the hosts by scoring 1-0 in the semifinals. They could not, however, achieve the title. In the decision, they were thrashed 4-0 by the selection of Uruguay, who
The players available for this Saturday’s duel are:
- Goalkeepers: Winthorn Thammasajanan (Och Luwen Club), Sivarak Thesangnoen (Buriram United Club) and Chatchai Butprom (BG Pathum United);
- Defenders: Theerathorn Boonmathan (Yokohama F. Marinos / Japan), Phansa Hemwibun (Buriram United Club), Narubodin Wirawatanodom (Buriram United Club), Peerapat Thanachaiya (Bangkok United), Tristo Doo (Bangkok United), Adisorn Phromrak , Pavethanatemee (Ratchaburi Mitr Phol FC) and Suphan Thongsong (Suphanburi FC);
- Midfielders: Thitiphan Phuangchan, (Oita Trinita), Saharat Yuyen (SCG, Muang Thong United), Thanaboon Kasarat (FC Port Club), Sumanya Puri (FC Port Club), Sivakon Chakkraphat (FC Port Club); Peeradon Suksusamee (Samut Prakan City Club) and Suphachok Sanchart (Buriram United Club);
- Attackers: Theerasin Dangda, Muang Thong United, Adisak Kraisorn, Suphachai Jaiadet, Buriram United Club and Surachat Saree.
For India, the 3-1 defeat to Curacao in the semi-finals of the King’s Cup was not so bad. Even by the circumstances. It was clear from the outset that the Central American team had control of the game. He scored in 15 minutes with Bonevacia and increased to three minutes later with Hooi.A penalty shot converted by Chhetri gave some hopes for the Asians. But they were soon over. Two minutes later, Bacuna returned to score showing the superiority of Curacao, who only managed their advantage and saved for the final, which will be against Vietnam.It was the first meeting of India’s team since January, when they participated in the Asian Cup. It could not overcome the first phase of the dispute that had United Arab Emirates like headquarters. He scored three points (one win and two losses) having scored four goals and conceded four goals. It was surpassed by home owners (five points), Thailand (four) and Bahrain (four).The failure caused the change of coach. Igor Stimac took over the post and began the preparation cycle for the qualifying round for the Qatar World Cup in 2022.
Available players are:
- Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh and Kamaljit Singh;
Defenders: Pritam Kotal, Rahul Bheke, Jhingan Sandesh, Adil Khan and Subhasish Bose;
- Midfielders: Udanta Singh, Jackichand Singh, Brandon Fernandes, Anirudh Thapa, Raynier Fernandes, Pronay Halder, Vinit Rai, Sahal Abdul, Amarjit Singh, Lallianzuala Chhangte and Michael Soosairaj;
- Attackers: Balwant Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Farukh Choudhary and Manvir Singh.
Football Prediction of the Day Thailand vs India
Needing to give an answer to their supporters and to an India that is technically inferior, Thailand has the prognosis in their victory as the best predictor for Saturday’s meeting with the third place in the 2019 edition of the King’s Cup.
Bet Tips: Thailand wins